Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rare Painted Bunting Sighting


Who knew that a painted bunting was flying around my wild bird feeder and land on my clothesline? I've been trying to spot one in the Texas Hill Country since I heard about them in the late 90's. Beautiful with red and blue and yellow colors on their little bodies, they live in cedar trees. One might think it was a parrot or pretty robin if not for keen observation skills and a powerful camera lens. Thank you, Canon. Okay, in my excitement, I couldn't focus. I'm bad.

1 comment:

  1. About 4 years ago I moved my aging parents here and since my mother was an avid bird watcher my wife installed a number of feeders around the house so my mother could watch from her easy chair. For the last two years we have seen quite a few show up near Fentress, Texas. I feel privileged that they would grace us with their presence.

    ReplyDelete